Cookies are files that are downloaded to your computer when accessing certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment.
In addition, they improve your browsing process, since they allow the website to offer the user information that may be of interest depending on the use made, the content of it.
In case you do not want to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser, so that you delete them from your computer’s hard drive, block them or notify you if they are installed. To continue without changes in the configuration of cookies, simply continue on the website.
The cookies we use do not store any personal data, or any type of information that can identify you, unless you want to register, voluntarily in order to use the services we make available to you or to receive information about promotions and contents of your interest .
3. Types and purpose of cookies
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be classified as:
- Session cookies: they expire when the user closes the browser.
- Persistent cookies: they expire depending on when the objective for which they serve is fulfilled (for example, so that the user remains identified on the website and on its services or when they are manually deleted).
Cookies according to their objective can be classified as follows:
- Registration cookies (technical and personalization): Registration cookies are generated once the user has registered or subsequently opened their session, and they are used to identify them in the services with the following objectives:
- Keep the User identified so that, if you close a service, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day re-enter that service, you will continue to be identified, thus facilitating your navigation without having to identify yourself again. This functionality can be suppressed if the user presses the “log out” functionality, so that this Cookie is deleted and the next time the user enters the service the user will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Analytical cookies: Each time a User visits a service or information on the website or a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics, Comscore and similar that may be added to this list in case they vary in relation to the current ones) generates an analytical cookie on the user’s computer. This cookie that is only generated during the visit, will serve in future visits to the services of the website to identify the visitor anonymously. The main objectives pursued are:
- Allow anonymous identification of navigating users through the cookie (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate counting of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- Anonymously identify the most visited content and therefore more attractive to users.
- Know if the user who is accessing is new or repeats visit. Important: Unless the user decides to register for any service or content on the website, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that can identify him. These Cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help to optimize the user experience on the website.
- Third-party advertising cookies: In addition to the advertising managed by the website in its contents or services, it may offer its advertisers the option of serving advertisements through third parties (“AdServers”). In this way, these third parties can store cookies sent from the contents of the website from the users’ browsers, as well as access the data stored in them. The companies that generate these Cookies have their own privacy policies.
4. How to block or delete installed cookies
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring your browser options. You can find information on how to do it, in relation to the most common browsers, in the links included below:
We inform you, however, of the possibility that the deactivation of a cookie prevents or hinders navigation or the provision of the services offered on the website.